Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Wedding Lace


Last night I cast-on for my first-ever knitting commission:  lace for a friend's wedding.  This pattern is one of those lace patterns that doesn't have the easy row of knit or purl between lace rounds, but it is a nice challenge.  Lace can feel so tedious, even if it is not so many stitches long across the needles, but this pattern (Valenciennes) is complicated enough that it keeps it interesting.

I had the hardest time trying to figure out where I had bought lace yarn for the first lace knitting, and ended up getting some of knitpick's Curio yarn, and I'm glad I did.  The first lace yarn was almost like dental floss - I think it had been starched flat.  It looked fine when knitted up, but this yarn has a pretty shine to it, and a nice feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment