Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ms. Matilda

New cows!!




We have a new cow. Her name is Matilda. It's kind of my fault that we got her. I was just feeling so sad that we won't have much milk this year. Neither Ellie nor Geranium were pregnant (Geranium still LOOKS like she could be pregnant), and I just peeked at Craig's list to see if there were any Jersey cows for sale, and there were tons and tons. Matilda was the best one we found, and we're so glad to welcome her and her calf, who is a steer. I managed to convince Ethan because he had for months now been talking about finding a beef steer. She is a really nice cow, and her milk is really good. I didn't actually know there were nice cows out there until I met Ms. Matilda. Geranium is so evil-tempered (even without horns) and Isla is well-behaved only if there are oats involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment