Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Summer Garden Season

This is the last harvest I photographed. The pumpkins were finally coming in--those are the Thelma Sander's Sweet Potato pumpkins and a Winter Luxury Pie pumpkin. They are both so delicious. Since then we've also gotten some massive Blue Hubbard pumpkins and several very nice Galeux D'Eysines, though I haven't taken pictures of them. The tomatoes are still getting ripe, but the pumpkins are mostly over now.


The Okra was just in, with all four kinds this year. Hill County Red, Burgundy, Jade and Silver Queen. I liked all the varieties, but Ethan only likes the Jade kind. It all tastes about the same, but he just likes it to be green.


I love the State Fair zinnias. The are huge and gorgeous, and they last forever in a vase. I am definitely growing these next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment