Thursday, November 27, 2014

In the Garden: Greens, Greens, Turnips, and More Greens






I wish I had more to say about the garden other than I need to get out there and plant  more.  I've only seen it in the dark for the past few days, and I've just been harvesting lately, which is by far the funnest part.  Turnips are coming out, as well as French breakfast radishes and parsley, cilantro, green onions, and dill.  Our greens consumption has gone way down now that the kimchi is ready.  It's so good and it is redundant to cook more greens to eat with it, so I've been donating them to the grandparents.

I have more beds to build for spring, starts that are getting too large and have been ready to plant.  I've been thwarted by the weather and illness for weeks now.  Either I was too sick to move, or it was pouring rain, or freezing.  This weekend I hope to catch up!  I've got cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower starts to plant, and I would really like to seed the salsify.  I've never tried salsify before, but it sounds so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment