Saturday, July 5, 2014

Mummy's Toe





The pictures actually have nothing to do with what I was going to write about....

Just the layers and our pet turkey, Gorgeous.  She was one of the birds we had raised for Thanksgiving two years ago, but we never ate.  She's in with the layers and has become a "laying turkey" for now.  We do get a lot of eggs from her every year, and they are huge eggs, too, so she probably earns most of her keep.  The wild turkeys like her and are always hanging out near the chicken tractor to catch some extra oats and whistle to Gorgeous.  We have tons of wild turkey mamas out there right now with little poults following along.

I am laid up because there was an incident involving the toddler running into the road at home, me running after her, and one of Mirin's wooden swords left right on the edge of the driveway.  I've ended up with half my big toenail ripped off.  I can't believe how much it hurts.  I think only my pain-management skills from my three natural births have helped me get through these couple of days without some sort of pharmaceutical analgesic.  So frustrating when there's just so much to get done and I can only hobble around with a bloody stump for the time being.  Still, we needed to crack down on the appalling number of swords and primitive weapons of war that are lying dangerously all over the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment