Thursday, February 12, 2015

In the Garden: Cauliflower, Onions, and Carrots


 The cauliflower is ready!  A major gardening victory - I LOVE cauliflower, but I have been unsuccessful growing it until this year!  I have a few more plants, but I am definitely going to plant a whole lot more next year!

 

I pulled the first planting of carrots.  It's my fault they aren't nicer - over planting them with radishes might work in some gardens, but certainly not in mine!  It's not entirely why they are so small and stunted, however.  They were the Oxheart carrots that stay small and blocky.  I thought they might do better here, but I think I will go back to the St. Valery next year. To be fair, they turned out amazingly sweet and flavorful.


The onions have begun bulbing!  I've gotten lots of wonderful green onion to add to pesto and soups so far, but I pulled some of the larger bulbs to make onion soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment